Friday, October 29, 2010

PR 1.3

In the Maemo forum there seems to be a lot of bitching about the new PR 1.3 release.  I am not quite sure why because to me it works great.  The changes are subtle and only bug fixing as far as I can see but the effects in a few areas are dramatic.

First of all email.  The email application has for me been absolutely useless ever since I got my N900, but with PR 1.3 it has gone from useless to actually working pretty well.  Before when I started up email it would present me with a list of accounts.  I only got one (Nokia Messaging) so tapping that - and waiting about 10-15 seconds until a list of Nokia Messaging email accounts would show.  Select account and another 10-15 seconds.  Select inbox and another....  All in all - before I could read an email it would take well over 30 seconds - each time.  Now it's instant - so I actually do check my emails again :)

Second the browser.  It just works much much faster than before.

I haven't noticed any change in battery usage.  It is still for me acceptable as long as I am on Wifi OR GPRS and it still suck badly when on 3G.

No comments:

Post a Comment